Fassett Bowties: progress report

I started this quilt last summer, and finally spent some time piecing the blocks together. The reason for the long delay is I decided I would add the double row border that is on the original Kaffe version, in which he reverses the light and the dark in the pattern. Needless to say I did not cut these at the start, which meant I needed to dig out these fabrics again, didn’t have enough of some, so I needed to purchase more fabrics (sigh!).

Image

Doing the math, I realized the double border almost doubles the number of blocks required. Right now it is 10 x 10 = 100 blocks. Two more rounds requires 96 more blocks! I’ve got them cut out now, but will take a breather from this.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s