The Etobicoke Quilters’ Guild has set up a UFO group, and I have so many unfinished projects, I signed up immediately. Since I have a ton of other things on the go, I promised myself I would devote (just!) one hour a day to this challenge. Sigh! Almost 3 weeks later, here is what I have accomplished.
I had originally started by cutting out 4 1/2″ squares, and thought I had quite a lot made. So when the challenge started, I cut out more. Here are the blocks I have made so far. I am halfway- only 200 more to go! I had not realized how labour-intensive it was to sort through all my solids, cut out squares and strips, and sew them together. It sounds so easy! At this rate I won’t get through many of my UFOs before summer.
There is definitely a lesson here… turn off the outside noise. No new projects. Sew, sew, sew!