As a part of the series of quilts I made for my tumbler talk (look under the Trunk Show tab), I created a large (90 x 90″) bed quilt with a big mix of colours. The blocks were from my stash created from making all my other tumbler quilts. The only rule I tried to follow was to put a darker block beside a lighter block. Here it is.. no binding on it, as I wasn’t totally in love with it. When I got it home from the quilter I decided it was too big, too dominant because of the bright colours. Sorry Sandy, this quilt went under the knife/ rotary cutter.
Here is what I got out of this quilt:
So happy I decided to do this- the whole is less than the sum of the parts in this project!
Leave a Reply